Cooking with Hemp! #Gethempivated
COOKING WITH HEMP SEEDS
It is very evident to us that hemp is one of the most amazing plant foods that exists! It is a protein powerplant and a fabulous balance of essential fats like omega 3. Hemp is used for making numerous goods like hemp wallet, hemp bags etc. Hemp oil is also one of the most used hemp product. It has a very nutty flavor, reminiscent of sunflower seeds. You can add hemp seed oil to your salad dressings, hummus, shakes , sandwiches, pesto and many more. It adds a great element to the whole dish. Here are some recipes made from hemp seeds and hemp seed oil which you can use on a day to day basis and will help your diet in many ways.
- GARLIC SALAD DRESSING
A salad wouldn’t be a salad without a dressing. The best part about this recipe is that it has only 4 ingredients. Super quick and simple recipes is what this is all about. All you need to do is tale 4 clove of garlic nicely chopped/minced, 1/4th cup of white vinegar or any vinegar of your choice, 1/4th cup hemp oil & 1/8 tsp of pepper. Mix them all until fully incorporated. Let it sit for an hour or two so that the taste of garlic comes through. Shake it all before you drizzle this on your salad. You can store this dressing for up to 6 months. Hemp seed oil contains sitosterol which helps reduce cholesterol in our body. The properties of hemp oil can heal skin cells and prevent skin cancer. When hemp oil is brought to a high temperature, it smokes, depletes of nutrients, and the taste changes. A little bit of heat is okay, but only so it’s at a Luke warm temperature.
Get your hemp seed oil here!
- HOMEMADE HEMP MILK IN JUST 2 MIN
Ingredients needed : 100g shelled hemp seeds, 500ml water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract & 2 teaspoons coconut sugar.
All you need to do is add all the ingredients to a jug for blending. Blend it well for 2 mins until everything is combined. Pop it into the fridge to chill before serving to get a better taste. There will still be some sediments from the hemp seeds but don’t worry it’s all healthy. If you don’t want the sediment or if you’ve used whole hemp seeds then strain it with a cheese cloth or milk bag. Give it a little jiggle before serving and enjoy!
- HEMP CAULIFLOWER BURGER
Hemp seeds are very delicate to cook with, so it may take you various attempts to get the perfect texture and taste. Ingredients needed are :
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoon of flaxseed
- 1 cup water
- 1 carrot cut into small pieces
- A head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon of crushed garlic
- ½ cup chopped chives
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups hemp seeds
Instructions to be followed:
- Pre heat the oven for 200 ° C. Mix 4 tablespoon of flaxseed with one cup water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes
- Take a baking tray and lay all your veggies on a parchment paper and sprinkle some oil, salt, pepper. Bake it at 200 ° C for 15 minutes until the veggies are soft but not mushy.
- Take a pan and let it heat for about 20 seconds with oil. Add the veggies, clove, garlic and give it a good mix. Let it cook for a while. Do not mush or make it into a paste.
- After taking out the above mix into a bowl, add some hemp seeds, milk, flaxseeds that were soaked in water, pepper and slat as per taste. Once you get your preferable taste allow the mix to set so that the hemp seeds soak the liquid. By the end of this the mixture should hold well together.
- -Make small patties then cook them in a pan with heated oil for 7-9 minutes on each side on a low flame. Keep the pan covered throughout. The color should be slight brownish when ready.
- You can enjoy these anytime in your burgers and can store it for about a week. Serve it with some lettuce and buns with some oven fries! These are not as hearty as an original burger but delicious nonetheless.
When most people hear about, hemp their mind goes to marijuana instantly, but only real foodies know there is so much more than to it than getting high. Hemp seed is considered to be one of the most nutrient-dense foods. One of the easiest recipes involves throwing them into your smoothie.
LIME & STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
- ½ cup cashews (soaked for 4 hours, rinsed & drained)
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 frozen banana chopped into small pieces
- 4 dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 2 cup of ice
Add all the above ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. Stop in between to check and scrape by the sides of the blender if necessary. Pour the mixture into your glass with hemp seeds on the top.