Whatever your personal objectives are, high-quality protein supplementation can help you manage your weight and body composition, as well as support muscle growth, improve exercise recovery, and boost your immune system
Whey protein powder and hemp protein powder are both good sources of protein. Whey protein has more protein per scoop than hemp protein; however, hemp protein contains heart-healthy unsaturated fats and fibre, both of which are beneficial for disease prevention and bowel regulation.
DOES HEMP PROTEIN CONTAIN CBD ?
Hemp vs Whey For Weight Management
Hemp protein increases metabolism, allowing people to lose weight, burn fat, and build muscle. Some people who use hemp protein for weight loss report that it makes them feel more satisfied and less hungry, as well as reduces their sugar cravings.
Whey protein contains a wide variety of essential amino acids that are easily absorbed. Various studies indicate that it can help you gain muscle, increase your strength, and lose a significant amount of body fat.
Best Vegetarian / Vegan Protein Source
Hemp seed has a uniquely high amount of BCAAs compared to other vegetarian protein sources. Based on it's BCAA content, hemp milk or hemp protein powder would be a great addition to a post-workout smoothie.
HEMP Protein Pros & Cons
- Some whey proteins contain more than 25 ingredients, including artificial sweeteners and flavours. Hemp protein, on the other hand, only has one ingredient: hemp. There is no chemical processing and no GMOs.
- Rich in protein
- Contains 20 amino acids, including all 9 essential amino acids
- Sustainability: Hemp is also grown naturally and without pesticides, and it restores nutrients to soil that has been depleted due to unnatural farming practices. It also absorbs pollutants from the environment.
- simple to digest Hemp contains the digestive proteins albumin and edestin.
- Great source of fibre
- Protein content per gram is lower than that of whey.
- Lysine and leucine levels are lower.
WHEY Protein Pros & Cons
- All 20 amino acids are included, including the nine essentials.
- Potassium, sodium, and calcium are all found in nature.
- Protein source that absorbs quickly. Whey is easily absorbed, making it an excellent choice for a post-workout smoothie or shake.
- Sugar has been added. The majority of whey protein powders contain sugar or an artificial sweetener.
- Unsustainable. Livestock production, including dairy farming, is directly responsible for 30% of biodiversity loss.
- It is difficult to digest. Whey contains lactose and is notorious for causing digestive problems.
- Fiber deficient
- Not a good source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Bloating and gas are possible side effects. This is a common side effect and one of the main reasons people switch to plant-based protein sources.
Side Effects Of Hemp & Whey Protein
Whey protein consumption can hamper the regular functioning of your kidneys by increasing the plasma urea content, urinary calcium excretion, and urinary volume. This overburdens the kidneys and can lead to kidney stones.
Since hemp protein contains relatively high amounts of fiber, some people may experience gas, bloating or diarrhea if they consume too much too quickly.
Keep in mind that hemp seeds have a higher fat/oil content. Hemp protein powder has a lower fat content but a much higher protein content.) Try hemp hearts if you're looking to add one product to your pantry that's super versatile and good for all meals of the day.
According to the statistics, hemp is clearly superior plant-based protein. One should switch or decide which protein to use based on their body's needs and goals. Finally, hemp is the only nutritionally complete superfood on its own. Try one of ours best selling hemp protein or Hemp hearts and see what you think.
299/- ( 100 Grams ) 1999/- ( 1kg )
100% Raw, Vegan, No Preservatives, Gluten Free. Harvested in the luscious foothills of Himalayas and grown in pristine nature. Shop Now
Hemp seeds raw toasted with pink Himalayan salt ( 30 Grams ) -90/- Ideal if you want to jump in hemp nutrition for first time.
Shop Now, use code: 'BHW8' & get 8% off
Also checkout our hemp nutrition collection to explore more